West System 207 Special Clear Hardener is formulated for coating and fiberglass cloth application where a clear, moisture-resistant, result is preferred. For fiberglass layups over wood, 207 Special Clear Hardener allows the natural grain of the wood to show through. Other uses include carbon fiber layups where a clear effect is desired. This hardener cures to a light amber color, similar to traditional spar varnish.
207 Special Clear Hardener is formulated to self level for smooth finishes, and for wetting out and bonding fabrics. Although it provides good physical properties for general bonding applications, it is more difficult to thicken and less cost effective for this purpose than 205 or 206 Hardeners. Although it contains a UV stabilization additive, it still requires long-term UV protection with a quality marine paint or varnish.
- Excellent for use in hot or humid conditions
- Produces a clear, low-blush finish
- Provides excellent adhesion for bonding applications
- Contains UV stabilization additive, but still requires long term UV protection with quality marine paint or varnish
- 300 Mini-Pump Kit recommended for Group Sizes A, B, and C
- 306-23 Special Purpose Resin/Hardener Pump (Model 128845) recommended for large quantities